As the critical 2022 elections approach, Blue Future and the Grassroots Democrats HQ is excited to launch a 9-week paid organizing program for the Fall of 2022! As part of this program, young people will be trained in the principles of field organizing and broader leadership development skills. Folks will have the opportunity to volunteer directly for candidates fighting for democracy and make a difference on some of the most competitive campaigns across the country.
This program is a leadership development training opportunity for young people to be engaged in progressive political campaigns. The program will be completely digital and remote to allow young people anywhere to get involved.
For 9 weeks between September 15 – November 10, organizers will get paid to be trained and commit to volunteering for 5 hours per week and engage in phone banking, relational organizing, and volunteer recruitment, in coordination with competitive campaigns for the House & Senate.
1. First, we center and create community through expert led, skill based, trainings on comprehensive organizing tactics and leadership skills.
2. Next, we strengthen organizing skills & drive impact through real world advocacy and electoral campaigns.
3. And lastly, we provide ongoing coaching, leadership and professional development opportunities to hone organizing skills and build networks of the next generation of leaders.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any young person who supports progressive values and is ready to organize to help progressives win in 2022 is invited to apply! We’re looking for young people who are ready to work directly with candidates and campaigns to mobilize the vote across the country!
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
We have a three step application process:
1. Young people are invited to submit an application through this link: https://bit.ly/ODLFall2022.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis between August 21-September 1. We cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed if submitted after September 1 at 11:59 pm PST.
2. After reviewing the applications, we will invite applicants to interview with our team on a rolling basis.
3. We will accept fellows by September 10 and provide ongoing training and support as we organize for a more vibrant, representative, democracy!
HOW MUCH FUNDING CAN I RECEIVE?
Organizers will be paid $75 per week for participating in our 9-week training program, for a total stipend of $675.
August 21-September 4: Review applications
August 28-September 9: Conduct Interviews + Hiring + Onboarding
September 15 – November 10: Weekly leadership training and volunteer phone banking & text banking for pro-democracy champions & periodic one-on-one leadership coaching calls.
Questions? Send us an email to email@example.com.
We strongly encourage people of color, immigrants, women, transgender and non-binary people, and people with disabilities to apply. Blue Future is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our team. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, AIDS/HIV status, genetic testing info, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition or political activities or affiliations.
This is a paid opportunity to receive a stipend for leadership development training courses provided by Blue Future and our partner, the Grassroots Democrats HQ. Payments will not be tied to volunteering on political campaigns.